Last revised: 06 February 2019
Cookies are small text files that are transferred from web sites locally to the hard disk of your computer or mobile device and stored there when you visit the web sites. This will save your actions and your preferred settings during your browser session or for your next visit to the web sites. Cookies can be used to track your preferences and statistically evaluate the usage data for the web sites in order to improve our offer, our Internet presence and our advertising in terms of content, graphics and technology according to your needs. On our web sites we may use similar techniques, such as pixels, Conversion tracking, etc. For the sake of consistency, all these techniques combined will be hereafter referred as Cookies.
2. Types of Cookies
Various cookies can be used on WEB sites:
- Realization of certain web sites functions: The Cookies used enable our web sites and certain “comfort“-functions to function through automatic recognition of your browser.
- Advertising/ (Re-) marketing: In addition, (third party) Cookies for advertising or marketing purposes are also displayed on our web sites. These help to adapt the display of the displayed contents to your preference and to be able to show you advertising on the web sites of partner companies.
- Third-party Cookies: Third-party Cookies are also can be used on the web sites. It may not be known that all third parties who place Cookies on the web sites and also not be aware of all Cookies placed on the web sites by web site owners.
3. Further information on Cookies on our web sites
In the following sections we will provide you further information on Cookies on our web sites.
3.1 Analytics Cookies
The use of web beacons does not provide us any personal information and we do not use this technology to access your personal information. This Web site does not use targeting cookies to deliver targeted advertising on this Web site.
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web sites
- Registering a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web sites
- Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web sites
- Optimizing the web sites
- Assessing which parts of our web sites need to be improve
3.3 Duration of Storage
Cookies are stored for different periods of time. On our web sites we use session cookies. Session Cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to our web sites, hence your current visit to one of our web sites or a browser session.
4. Cookie Information
This web site uses Google Analytics, the web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google“). Google Analytics uses “Cookies“, which are text files that are stored on your computer and that enable the analysis of your use of the web site. The information generated by the cookies regarding your use of the web site (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there.
This Web site uses IP anonymization. This way, Google’s IP address is compressed within European Union member states, or states party to the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the United States and is compressed there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the web site in order to generate reports regarding web site activity for the Web site operator and to provide further services associated with the web site utilization and internet utilization.
Your anonymized IP address taken by your browser for Google Analytics will not be linked with other data stored by Google. You may prevent the installation of cookies by using a corresponding setting on your browser software; however please be reminded that in that case you will not be able to use all Web site functions extensively. You can choose to prevent Google from receiving and processing the data generated by the cookies regarding your use of the web site (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin, available at:
5. Administration and deletion of Cookies and exercise of your right of withdrawal
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your browser settings and deactivating the setting of Cookies and deleting Cookies that have already been set.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent with respect to third party Cookies, please contact the provider of the relevant Cookie. Further information can be found in the data protection information or Cookie information of the respective provider. To do this, please call up the links given in the.
Please note that you can still visit and use our web sites after deactivating Cookies by changing your browser settings. Under certain circumstances, however, deactivating Cookies may mean that you can no longer make full use of the functions of our web sites.
In case you share your device with other person, you have to make sure that they are adequately informed and can exercise their rights.